Monday, April 23, 2007

Dreaming

Caught in the maze
I cannot sleep
My worries confound me
I try not to weep

2 o’clock, 3 o’clock
Then it is four
My thoughts circle round
I am sad to the core.

I decide to try a trick known to work
Focus my thoughts where pain doesn’t lurk
One moment of joy, a time free of care
When hope made me smile and vistas were fair.

But caught in my maze
Each path I pursue
Leads me right back
To my sorrowful view.

When I am worried, I’m not good at prayer
It seems indecent somehow to bring up God’s error
To gently suggest he needs to correct a mistake
That allowed so much trouble on us to break
To ask him to fix things, make everything right
So that sorrow will flee and I can sleep through the night.

I awakened at 6, so I did sleep it seems
And managed to have a quite happy dream.
I was at a gathering of the old DS gang
Willy and Kathy and Mary, Mary Anne too
Some strangers were there, but most folks I knew.

We sat at a table to review a software brand new,
designed to help youth and those older too
It's creator had credentials unmatched
planets and goldfish were his ideas hatched.
Mankind had challenged his wits to the end
but he was determined to achieve what he'd planned from the start
make them the kind of children to warm a dad's heart.

Vision 2007 would not need a PC
Just a current of love between you and me.
Also important would be a faith firewall
So when viruses attack, your system won’t fall.

In my dream, we had neither question or doubt
This software would work, we were ready to shout.
But when I awakened, I was still caught
with worries aplenty and unhappy thoughts.

Then I remembered, it was as clear as a flute,
When new software's installed, you need to reboot.
Take some time out, a fresh breath or two
Then let the new program take charge of you.

If everything doesn't work well at first,
I'll try not to worry, nor let my faith burst.
With patience, I should be able to figure it out
After all the folks in my dream had not a doubt.

No comments: