Thursday, April 19, 2007

Mystery on Mason Street



You have to admit it’s certainly weird
How that woman on Mason Street just disappeared.

On Thursday morning she was seen mowing her lawn
After that she simply was gone.

The garage door was up, the car in its place
Her purse on the table, but she was gone without trace.

The doors were unlocked, so foul play was suspected,
But after careful search, no clue was detected.

Despite all the efforts, she never was found
It was as if she’d been swallowed into the ground.

And that is just about what happened. While mowing my lawn, I stepped into a sink-hole and had to hoist myself out with my hands and feet. It was above an old cesspool that had been closed over 20 years ago. I was muddy, but no worse for wear. Still, I thought how funny it would be to disappear like Alice down the rabbit’s hole.

No comments: